Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Where has the year gone?

It is so hard to believe that 2008 is almost over. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and will have a great New Year. Jason and I are in the process of cleaning out closets in some kind of effort to get ready for baby. We have a LOT of stuff!!! We have redone Jason's bathroom. It looks much better. I will post some pics when it is totally finished. I should have taken some before pictures but I did not think about it.

I go back to the Dr on January 6th. I have been able to find the heartbeat with the Doppler daily so that makes me feel much better. The first trimester blahs are starting to let up. If I could just get rid of my cold/sinus infection/whatever it is I would be much better. Thanks again for all your continued prayers.

Please be sure to vote if you think we are having a boy or a girl. I think at this next appointment I should get the date that we will find out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are doing well. I pray for you daily. Getting ready for baby is so much fun!

Jennifer Terrero said...

YAY.... I can leave some comments now!!!! :) Cant wait to find out what your having!!!! Congrats for being in your 2nd trimester... this is the fun part!!!!

Angela said...

Hi Casey!
I'll let you in on a little old wives tale about how to tell the sex of the baby. I did it with both of ours, and it was right, I have heard people swear by this, so don't blame me if it does not work, I am only passing along this test.
What you do is, get some of the Draino crystals, if they still make it, I had a hard time finding it.
Pee in a glass container, preferably one that you would not mind throwing away, you will know why if you do the test.
GO OUTSIDE! Add about one tablespoon of the crystals into the pee. Stand back as it smells really bad, and it gets hot, and kind of foamy. Wait a few minutes, and see what color it turns. Just remember brown/boy, green/girl. Mine turned green both times, although it was a really brownish shade of green. My sister did it too and she has two boys, hers turned brown both times, with no hint of green.
Sorry this was a long comment, just something fun to try!