Thursday, April 3, 2008

I'm going to be a Mommy!

Following up from my last post. We went to the Re on Wednesday and had some b/w (blood work) done and an u/s (ultrasound). Of course we could not see anything on the u/s. It is still way to early. I was only 4 weeks at that point. They said everything looked good and my beta hcg level was 95. (it was 58 the day before - it should double every 48 hours) They put me on heparin injections and progesterone. I have a mild clotting disorder that will never affect me but could cause small clots in the lining or placenta that would be very harmful to the baby. So Heparin injections 2 times a day in the belly. (My stomach is so bruised!!)

We had more blood work done on Friday (March 29th) and the beta level was 210. Everything seems good so far.

Our next appointment was on Tuesday, April 1st. We had another u/s. The tech thought we were farther along that I actually am so she was freaking out that she could not see anything. Once she realized that I was not that far yet (I was only 5 weeks and she thought I was 6 weeks) she said "oh, we are not really supposed to see anything yet." So, we had more b/w. The beta levels now were 892!!! It is really starting to sink in!!!

We pretty much told everyone after that appointment. We go back on Wednesday, April 9th. By then we should be able to see the baby and see how many there are!!

No comments: