Thursday, May 28, 2009

35 weeks

Things have been crazy lately....

I had a dr's appointment scheduled for 1:00 today but I was not really feeling well this morning so I decided to go in early. Everything went good except that I didn't get to see me regular OB (he was in surgery). The bad feeling I had this morning was due to my blood pressure they think. It was 90/69. I thought it was my iron but they said that was fine. They did not really give me any explanation for my blood pressure but said to drink lots of fluids. The u/s tech was not there today for some reason so we have to wait until next week for the u/s. He did do a cervix check since I have been having a lot of pelvic pain and pressure. Jackson is head down and I am fingertip dilated, -1 station and 75% effaced. I don't think we are going to make it until July.

On the crib thing, I called yesterday to see if it was in b/c 2 weeks ago they told me it would be in no more than 2 weeks. (Note - I am not upset with the place I ordered the furniture from but rather with the company that makes/ships the furniture - Munire) So of course its not there. She says she has a truck coming on Tuesday and it might be on that one. I asked her to call the company (Munire) and check on it since I have been waiting since Feb. She called me back and for some reason Munire has pushed my crib back to the middle of July!!!!! She was so mad but I was almost in tears! She told me that she can get me this other style crib in the same suit as what I ordered or she can give me my money back and we can try to find it somewhere else.

I did not like the other crib choice but I called her back and asked when it would be in if we decided to get it, middle of June! I said that would just not work as he might be here by then and I want a crib before he arrives. I have the bassinet but I still want the nursery finished. So we started calling tons of other baby stores within a 4 state radius to see if anyone had it in stock. Of course they don't. However, there is a place in Birmingham (Storkland) that has it on display on the floor. I spoke with them today and they are going to sell it to me off of the floor. I kinda hate to do that since lots of people have touched it and stuff but I really don't have another choice. If I pick another crib that is not part of this suit then it won't match everything else in the room. So anyway, we will pick up the crib on Saturday.

Other than that, work has been crazy since we are short one person already and everyone is in a panic about when I am out for 8 weeks. We also have VBS at church in 2 weeks and I am in charge of the music/choir and I am kinda freaking out that Jackson could arrive before or during that time. I have lots of help but still. I also found out that I have an insurance co-pay/deductible due to the hospital every time I go in for the NST (which is once a week). It can be up to $175 each time. So far we are up to almost $500. We are kinda freaking out about that but luckily the hospital will do a payment plan with us. That was totally unexpected!

I have my last baby shower on Sunday at church. I am very excited about that. We have already purchased the travel system (stroller/car seat combo). After this shower we will be making a trip to Babies R us I am sure to fill in the gaps of stuff we are missing. I have the bags all packed up for the hospital now too. We are getting ready but Jackson needs to stay put for a few more weeks.

No comments: