Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Interesting night

I went to the hospital after work yesterday for my weekly NST (non-stress test). I was supposed to be for today but since I was not feeling him move much yesterday I went ahead. When I was walking across the parking lot in the hospital I noticed that my tummy just felt “not right.” It was kind of tight and just not like I had felt before. So I told the L&D (Labor and Delivery) nurse what I was there for and the tightness and they put me in a room and hooked me up. We got his heartbeat right away and he almost instantly started kicking at the Doppler thing. One nurse stayed in the room with me getting all my info and stuff while the other one went back out to monitor the reading. She came back in a little bit later with a big cup of water and said that I was having some “irritability.” I was not real sure what that meant but I drank the water. Come to find out it meant contractions. They just weren’t like super strong or regular.

We also had to do a urine test and a cervix check. She said I was maybe a fingertip dilated but still very thick and high so they were not concerned. I had to stay out there for 3 hours, I also got a bag of fluids and 2 more cervix checks. I did not dilate any more and the “irritability” mostly went away. I did start spotting due to all the cervix checks and me being on the heparin. They told me to be on pelvic rest (due to the spotting which has since stopped) until I go back to the OB next week and to come back if I start having contractions.

Jackson has been much more active today. Not so much kicks but lots of rolling and flipping. I think he is running out of room for sure. I can also tell that I am really beginning to get uncomfortable. I don’t know that I will make it a full 7 weeks but hopefully I can at least make it to 37 weeks. Only God knows for sure.

1 comment:

Jennifer Terrero said...

So glad things are okay with you and Jackson.